We offer soft tissue and orthopedic procedures with full anesthesia and support services. An emphasis is placed upon the prevention and management of pain. Surgery is performed on a daily basis. Many patients are able to return home later that same day, while more complex operations may require additional hospitalization. Surgery can be a stressful experience for both pets and owners. We offer the following information to help you prepare your pet for a positive hospital visit and successful surgical experience.
Minimizing pain is important on improving your pets' recovery. We recommend pain control as part of the anesthetic and surgical protocol.
- All patients are given a complete physical examination.
- Pre-anesthetic blood testing may be recommended for your pet.
- Food should be withheld for 12 hours prior to a scheduled surgery.
If you have any questions or concerns, please ask!
- Your pet will receive state of the art gas anesthesia.
- The surgery table is heated and additional heat is provided as needed.
- All patients have vital signs carefully monitored during surgery and recovery. Our monitors include ECG, Pulse Oximetry, Capnography, continuous temperature and doppler blood pressure monitoring.
- You are welcome to check on your pet's progress-feel free to call.
- When your pet is discharged you will receive aftercare instructions.
If you have any questions or concerns after your pet returns home, please call.